1.28.2012

weeds in the field

"I know nothing more enjoyable than that happy-go-lucky wandering life,
in which you are perfectly free; without shackles of any kind,
without care, without preoccupation, without thought even of to-morrow.
You go in any direction you please,
without any guide save your fancy."

Guy de Maupassant


Holla! Nothing big happened today. I am still going through low energy phase and a lingering cold plus a slight cough... Nevertheless, it's not a complete day without me getting some shots using my Lumix toy.

Here are my shots of grasses, weeds and plants living in the open field in my community. Their imperfect condition has become my point of interest; they -- so tough, free and random, so pure and beautiful in their flaws, so peaceful in their frailty.

And they manage to survive in the roughest weather like the rainy January we are having.

It's still the 28th. Tonight, however, the rain poured like there's no tomorrow. Albeit, thunder has gone elsewhere, this rain was vehemently beating against the roof and windows -- bringing equal intimidation into the scene.

Not to stray from my point, I share some pictures I took of field grasses amidst cloudy skies.





I love photography because I love sentimental moments. It's just silence, me and the object in focus; I, searching for that precise emotion to capture beyond the physical before hitting the button.

I must concede to Milton saying...

“Sweet bird, that shun the noise of folly, most musical, most melancholy!”


Because life is a series of memories,






No comments:

Post a Comment