3.14.2012

Summer Afternoon

We have a little outing daily- a stroll at the other end of my community where no houses are built yet. I brought the new jump rope with me. I saw kids look with excitement at what I was doing: jog-skip rope on the way to that spot. I heard them say, "Look at her!". But I had to keep with my schedule since I still got tasks waiting to be completed. So no chit chat and play with the neighborhood kids yet.

Then at that place where the breeze is sweet, and the grasses are blooming and swaying with the wind: There was a young girl, about 4-5 years old, Dreanna was her name she told me, who was walking her white fluffy doggie. I asked her doggie's name. It was "Shamcey". And it was a boy doggie. I laughed hard at that.

Dreanna was quite overwhelmed with the jump rope I was holding and she was so busy with an adult's jump rope for a long while. It was too mis-matched for her size. But nevertheless she was so happy and crazy with it. As I was with it as well. And Shamcey quiet at the nanny's side, was without attention for a while.

With no choice because our newfound friend was so intent to have a great moment, Hubby and I were jumping rope with Dreanna. Her delighted screams were too apparent that she was having a good time.

It was getting dark, we saw stars peeping over the horizon. I had to tell her we need to get moving since it's already eventide. It was also hard to part with the little girl since she wanted her nanny to keep the rope and take it home with them while mumbling which to me was a mixed English/Japanese/Tagalog.

It was a great early evening. In every detail. Strolled, played, laughed. Yes it was indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment