6.12.2011

My heart is crying for all humanity.



You desire to know the art of living, my friend?
It is contained in one phrase:
make use of suffering.
- Henri-Frederic Amiel




I am heartbroken. Not just for our family, but for everyone I see in the hospital coming and going. Those who come in are no better than those who come out of it, because people are constantly in anguish for bodily pain, broken and unusable limbs, and for some, mental illness as a result of accident. Young and old, they suffer from degeneration and damage.

And I look at myself. Whole, able, working, and comfortable in my place. My pains become nothing compared to what these people are going through. I am grateful for being as I am today. I am thankful for everything. Yet partly sad.

Yet. If I could only give a part of me to lessen humanity's agony.

Is it not sad seeing another lose hope, lose shelter, lose work, lose health, lose friends, lose loved ones? I have long resolved to refrain from intentionally hurting people. I will be a better person if that is the only way I can lessen the agony of a fellow sojourner in this place.

And with this thought, I join with the chorus of humankind begging for relief. We came weeping into the world when we were born, and we will all likewise, leave this world shedding tears of pain.

Humanity, when will your Salvation appear?

No comments:

Post a Comment