1.27.2011

Tea Time, I feel Good.

My under the weather symptoms have shown early today, and I go sniff sniff pffft! Post nasal drip, watery eyes and a lethargy. I picked some fresh tea leaves from the wild tea shrub (Tsaang Gubat) in the yard and some from the potted Camellia Sinensis.

I am benefiting from my garden nowadays. Sadly though, the peppermint plant had died eons ago so I have to do away with it. But it is still an indulgence to have freshly brewed green leaves that are from real tea shrubs.

Here are pics of them and how I made hot fresh tea:



Camellia Sinensis is yellow green in color, soft and fuzzy, while the Wild Tea variety is darker, shiny and smaller.


Steeping the leaves in hot water.




See! The steamy brew. Hmmm.


I have my own boxes and cans of dried teas from everywhere. Some of them, I bought from the supermarket, and some were even presents from friends. However, these days, it's a luxury to be having fresh anything in a jiffy. Like this one here.






1 comment:

  1. Hi tarhata! Saan niyo po nabili ang green tea seedlings nyo? Please help me tagal nako naghahanap hilig ko talaga herbs. Thank you very much for your help

    ReplyDelete