4.13.2010

Bear Hugging (The Power of Embracing Each Other)

I'd rather play at hug o'war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs...
And everyone cuddles,
And everyone wins.
~Shel Silverstein


What's with hugging that it's considered a remarkable tonic for treating pain? It may be great in that sense that fully embracing another person carries no cash exchange with it. I remember that line, “The best things in life are not things.”

The UCLA Medical Center has proven that bear hugging can help relieve the burdens that people are going through.

Being held by someone is potent therapy and likewise, a full embrace strengthens relationships in the family. It makes us feel good, supported and loved. And when we feel good, we have that immunity against sickness and gloom. Bear hugging is definitely, an excellent approach to lighten up depressed states. Needless to say, some diseases are borne out of misery.

Those who are run-down with troubled imaginings obtains a reassururance that someone is there to help share the burden. It allows people to shift to a more positive outlook, because it’s comforting enough knowing that there’s someone who will provide support. A hug, one that is devoid of sexual overtones, helps people to confront that inherent need-- that we humans need to connect with one another.

To top it all, the affection conveyed in a bear hug meets our aloneness head-on and allows us to be a little braver. It’s a silent way of saying to another human, “I am here.”

A hug fits everyone, and when you spread your arms to cuddle a kid, a friend, mother, father, you catch the same embrace you've thrown to them! Have you hugged someone in the family today?

But do you know there's a Someone who hugged and loved you first? First time I sincerely walked to John Chapter 3, I personally understood that Jesus loved me. He embraced my soul and gave me assurance that I can live a happy life and achieve my dreams. That power taught me not to fear because He is leading the way for me now. This is how I obtained serenity in my heart.

Please know that Jesus embraced our sins at the Cross and declared His love to us first. For this, we declare:

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.







No comments:

Post a Comment