12.15.2010

In The Quiet, My Heart Speaks Gladness

The clock has circled the day, its hands scraping through evenfall again.

I am in solitude til Friday. Hubby was off to Cebu for the yearend meetings and party. I find it such a great moment to be alone with my thoughts and perhaps any instant, my poet's mind will start grinding again.

I cherish the here and now. It's what I wanted ~ the quiet life, my writing and books and the company of my hubby. Perhaps, it's too queer for others to comprehend why I am living my life as this. There are no shouts in the house, no kids who scurry, no househelp. As a couple, we pretty do much of everything ourselves, and we taught ourselves to live that way. I do not believe in living to excesses, and with only the two of us around, it's a peaceful life we got.

We do talk about kids and yet we weren't given the blessing to have them. Nevertheless, as a married couple, there is no bitterness despite the lack of some elements in our life. We found it enough to be content with what has been brought to our lot, and if it's the right time and when it is willed by the Maker, things will take place. With a home, an honest livelihood and a few friends, we are simply thankful for everyday.

It's really a blessed life, and I feel so grateful that through everything, I can just say, there has always been a glad heart in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment