11.14.2011

A Day's Venture: Green Tonic



"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

Alright, Mark Twain! Here's my not so tasteful attempt to what others call a "health drink".

1.5 inches fresh turmeric root (I pulled it from my yard, lol)
2 inches ampalaya
1/2 of sweet mango
15 leaves of green kamote
1 stalk of malunggay leaves
3 slices of ginger

It's supposed to be a healthful smoothie. Yeah, it tasted like poison.!! I was not prepared for the jolt.

The fresh turmeric brought an earthy taste to the drink and the ampalaya made it bitter. I thought I got a headache there with the "very alive" aftertaste but it eventually went away. It was probably my shocked reaction to the new encounter by my taste buds.

I braved the mixture, but my tummy went warm when I downed everything.

I guess it's good for my liver since I've been suffering from weak kidneys/liver since I was young.

After 15 minutes, I think I felt good. It can really be good for the body. But the warmth of the drink in the tummy goes up my throat still.

Oh well. I still have another glass to consume from this batch.

Or can I just convince the hubby to drink it? Ha-ha, he hates ampalaya of all. Best of luck to me. Awww...

Here's to taking care of your life from the inside,


No comments:

Post a Comment