1.01.2012

Meeting the New Year


Hello... hello. I met the new year with peaceful simplicity. How simple? I will show you.


I bought a dozen roses from the market. And arranged it, picked some yellow flowers from my garden & set them together with the red blooms. This is the first location where I placed it. But decided, this should be on the table. So here's the next stop below:


There! My mug of roses was in its rightful location where I can see it. ((while I munch on my bar of chocolate.)) of course.


I am proud of this bowl of peanuts. I c-o-o-k-e-d it!


So, my stuff on the table. Look at the background. I m-a-d-e those curtains! I yem a homebuddey-- fully fledged taong bahay.


To set the mood for the coming First Day of the year. Hmm, a blessing of tranquility.

I wasn't mad about getting food on the table. I have enough of those daily. I wanted something that will reflect how I felt. And that is peace. I chose to not exhaust myself with the grind & chaos associated with New Year's coming.

And I quote:

To measure the goodness of life
by its delights & pleasures & safety
is to apply a false standard.
The abundant life
does not consist of a glut of luxury.
It does not make itself content
with commercially produced pleasure,
the nightclub idea
of what is a good time,
mistaking it for joy & happiness.
On the contrary,
obedience to law,
respect for others,
mastery of self,
joy in service--
these constitute the abundant life.

~ Thomas S. Monson

Here's to a simple life,
Here's to an inspired New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment