1.10.2012

Song: The Best Thing (That Ever Happened To Me)

by Gladys Knight


I've had my share,
Of life's ups and downs,
but fate's been kind,
the downs have been few,

I guess you could say,
I've been lucky,
Or I guess you could say,
That it's all because of you.

If anyone, should ever write, my life story,
for whatever reason there might be,
Oh...you'd be there,
between each line of pain and glory,
cause you're the best thing that ever happened to me,
Oh you're the best thing that ever happened to me.

There have been times,
when times were hard,
but always somehow I made it,
I made it through,
But for every moment that I've been hurtin',
there was a moment, that I've spent.....
Oh just loving you,

If anyone should ever write my life story,
for whatever, for whatever reason there might be,
you'd be there, between each line of pain and glory,
Cause you're the best thing that ever happened to me,
Oh you're the best thing that ever happened to me,
I know, you're the best thing....
Oh that ever happened,
to me.


This song played over online radio. I was taken with the message and thus decided to look up for the lyrics -- which I guess are simply sweet to the soul. It talks about one's great love for someone and how loving the person has helped see through the down and hurting times.

True Love & human affection do heal us.

Here's to the great story of love in each of our lives,

No comments:

Post a Comment